Monday, September 7, 2009

Book Review-Called To Worship

Called To Worship by Dr. Vernon Whaley is not at all what I expected.  Since Dr. Whaley is the Director of The Center of Worship at Liberty University, I fully expected his book to be geared toward teaching pastors, worship leaders and worship volunteers.  

Although certain passages are directed to those roles, this book is for everyone who calls themselves a Christ-follower.

 

Broken into three sections (Old Testament Principles of Worship, New Testament Principles of Worship, and Worship in Heaven), the author walks the reader through the entire Bible, book by book in some cases, explaining ALL facets of worship from the very beginning with Adam and Eve.  Not only is this book incredibly helpful as a companion to Bible study, but Dr. Whaley also calls the reader to reflect on his own worship lifestyle and call us to action when we find ourselves lacking.

 

As someone who is slowly finding her way back to Christ, I found myself pouring over every chapter, grabbing for my Bible to read more.  Dr. Whaley has done an excellent job educating the reading audience on what worship truly is.  This book will have a firm place in my home to refer to over and over again as I study Scripture.

[Via http://reclinerreflections.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment