Friday, September 18, 2009

The Black American Employment Search

Last in, first out. This is the sentiment of African Americans in a crazy downward spiraling economy. I talk to my friends daily on their job search and this is the sentiment of most black people in America. Somehow, the job just fell through the cracks. You posted your resume on a job board, called the recruiter, responded to LinkedIn, and now the job went cold.

You end up knowing someone inside the corporation and find out that someone’s buddy got the project manager job that you are well qualified for. Dayum. This sentiment is real and black people have put their hopes in President Obama to change things.

The Endangered African American Employee

But look at the criticism that President Obama is getting. You’ve got white folks carrying rifles near a speaking engagement. Let a black person tote a gun anywhere near a corporation or President and see what happens. Brova will be shot dead and ask questions to his mama later. In fact, the cops will not even apologize as they feel there is no need to apologize for shooting black men dead in their tracks. Sorry, off topic. I know some black people with some serious skills and the education to back it up. Last one to get hired, first one to get fired. Ask me how I know.

I was even at a corporation in Atlanta and a so called black sistah even turned on us black men and fired three of us highly educated, incredibly talented black men so that she could please the white owner directly. She’s the H.N.I.C or H.B.I.C. in the building. I will not call out her name. She’ll read this. I see you, homie. Trust me. I see you and will never forget your Uncle Tom ways and behavior. It’s funny how I’m seeing Rush Limbaugh talk and white people are acting afraid of black people because of some bus incident where a white kid got attacked. Again, off topic but who cares. Do you want me to tell you how scared black people should be of white people? Do you really want to know how many times I was a nigger growing up even to so called friends? Do you really want me to go there? Do you really want to know the truth? I sat in a car with a so called trusted white friend growing up in Peoria, Illinois. His sister jumps in the car in the backseat and says in front of my face, “Who’s ridin’ nigger?”

I bet y’all great people have never heard of that one, huh? She meant that black people were supposed to ride in the back seat. She wanted to ride shotgun in the front seat and insinuated that whoever rode in the back seat was the nigger. Who’s afraid now? There is a systematic plan to erase the black middle class from the landscape of America. The plan is to make us poor and wipe us off the planet. Getting a job is nearly impossible and hopefully black people will continue to learn to create our own opportunities or risk perishing. My daughter is being taught to be a leader in an exclusive community of black leaders. Why? You think she’ll be able to get a job with Rush Limbaugh’s kids in charge? The f**k outta here.

Gerard Spinks is the CEO of Spinks Industries and is one of the realest corporate cats you’ll ever meet. He wrote “How To Be Rich, Nigga” for a reason. Learn or perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment