Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jew Wishes On: Books Received, Reviewed, Ruby Red Photographs

I received the novel, The Polski Affair, by Leon H. Gilden in the mail to read and review. Thank you to Chris at Diamond River Books, and thank you to Mr. Gilden. The book sounds fascinating and intriguing.

These are the books I reviewed in July. The list is a bit skimpy, as I was on vacation. I have exceeded the count so far for August, and there are still a few more days left to the month.

1. The Late Lamented Molly Marx: A Novel, by Sally Koslow

2. The Koren Sacks Siddur, by Rabbi Sir Jonathan Sacks

3. Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean, by Edward Kritzler

4. The Winter Vault, by Anne Michaels

5. The Town Beyond the Wall, by Elie Wiesel

6. Bearing the Body, by Ehud Havazelet

7. The Black Hole of Auschwitz, by Primo Levi

8. Snow in August, by Pete Hamill

It’s Ruby Tuesday time again. I have chosen two cemetery photos. One is the grave stone of Anne Bronte, taken in Scarborough, England a few years back.

The above photo is a portion of a grave stone. I liked the flowers and the contrasts. I take photos of specific grave sites at a local cemetery for individuals who request them, through an organization I belong to.

To see more photos with red in them, visit here.



~~~~~~

© Copyright 2007 – All Rights Reserved – No permission is given or allowed to reuse my photography, book reviews, writings, or my poetry in any form/format without my express written consent/permission.

Tuesday August 25,, 2009 – 5th of Elul, 5769

[Via http://jewwishes.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment