Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Begin the Begin

I started this blog thanks to the movie “Julie & Julia”. After watching it, I kept thinking, “I have thoughts too”!  I didn’t want to do food, because wouldn’t that be a bit cliche?  I didn’t want to rip off my good friend either who does his on movies and I sure as hell wasn’t going to do it just about me.  No, I needed something that I could chat about and chat about well.  So I thought, “What do I like that I can write about with panache”?

Books.  Mostly novels. Autobiographies.  Biographies.  Fantasy.  Hell, pretty much any book that I’ll read and I have an opinion about, whether it be positive or negative.  I don’t have a particular style that I gravitate to, although I do try to read as much as I can when I find a great author.

So for a bit of background, I’ve loved to read ever since I can remember.  My first book in English was “Pinocchio” with yellowing pages, a brittle spine, and printed in 1939.  I was about 9 or 10.  I’m proud to say it is still in my possession.  Side note:  I grew up in Holland originally and grew up with Dutch books until English was introduced in the 4th grade.  Moving on.  Certain books I’ll read once a year, and I’ll read them almost always before they are adapted for the big screen.

So here it is, just me and my booky blog writing about works that I love, like, or dislike.  The first book will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows simply because that’s the book I’ve almost finished (re)reading.  First review coming up!!

[Via http://bookdesi.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment