Friday, August 21, 2009

Betrayed: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Well, I quickly finished book two in the House of Night series. While it unfolded exactly as I anticipated, its predictability didn’t dampen my enjoyment. No. That honor belonged to the repeated use of the ‘word’ gihugic and the overuse of the word ho. Really. Zoey makes fun of Heath, the dumb jock, and then she describes gargantuan (”That’s a polysyllabic word for something large, Zoey. Look it up.” ~Damien) objects as ginormous and gihugic. She can only describe resplendent beauty as to-die-for and the heavily overused gorgeous is ubiquitous. Ug.

There are some good ideas here. There are some well written scenes of loss, friendship, and healing. But the narrator’s internal voice is so ridiculous, I was constantly derailed and found myself skipping those long-winded passages.

But I’m going to pick up the next book, Chosen. It’s like I’m a pregnant women craving chocolate and this series is a bag of mini Reeses Cups. I just can’t stop myself from dipping back into the bag.

[Via http://nicolepoliti.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment