Friday, January 1, 2010

Sober, Unsmiling and Severe

Last night wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated – my trainee did a good job so I hardly had to do anything.  I’m thrilled my training days are over for the next two to three weeks! Tomorrow and Sunday I’m taking my laptop to work – downloaded several new books to it yesterday so will have a ton to choose from.  We did not get a single break – not even a bathroom break, the entire night…that sucked.

I downloaded “Watchers” and “The Strangers” both by Dean Koontz, “Gerald’s Game” by Stephen King, and “The Hunters” by Jason Pinter.  I am already reading the “Harry Bosch” series – finished “The Last Coyote” by Michael Connelly on Thursday and stared “Trunk Music” yesterday.  I need to get the three books that are 1, 2, and 3 in the series rather than starting at 4, 5, and 6 – but the latter was only $1.69 and the first group is $10.  I’ve read Harry Bosch stories before and liked him so am going back to the older stories of him.

Came home and my apartment was freezing cold.  I had left the thermostat at 55 and it was quite chilly.  I’ve turned it up but this radiator heat takes a long time to heat a room.  I have it up to 65 now but will turn it back down to 60 once the place warms up.  I’m making some hot tea now which isn’t conducive to falling asleep but will warm me up faster.

I should take the tree down today – doubt that I will but I might.  It is so pretty to take down but guess it needs to come down sometime.  I want to move the furniture around once I’ve got the tree out-of-the-way.  Damn, I’m tired.  We are suppose to get snow today…irritates me.

[Via http://seamonster02.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment