Monday, January 11, 2010

Needful Things

My mother was always an avid Stephen King reader. When I was around 9 or 10, I found one of her books lying around in the living room, and skimmed a few pages. I’ve long since forgotten the title or even the premise of that book. What I do remember is how enthralled with it I was.

I remember reading through the whole thing in one day, and Stephen King does not make tiny novels. Upon turning the last page, I ran into the dining room, where Stephen King occupied 90% of our shelf space. And an addict was born.

I’m not sure how I skipped this book, but Needful Things by Stephen King is honestly an amazing book.

Once again, Stephen King’s mind not only thrills me, but gets my mind reeling, and leaves me begging for more. Needful Things boasts a unique plot, one that keeps you guessing and characters that leave you dying to know more about them and what they go through. Definitely one of Stephen King’s classics and best works.

I’m a bad Stephen King fan, because I’ve yet to check out the movie. But I have no doubt in my mind that it will blow my mind, just because of the simple fact, Stephen King wrote it.

I would definitely recommend any macabre fiction fan pick this one up.

Alright, I’ll shut up and stop kissing SK’s ass.

[Via http://mylittlehole.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment