Friday, January 8, 2010

Andrew Peterson's "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" Audio Book

When I got the heads up of the release of  Andrew Peterson’s “On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness” I was excited; and apprehensive.

I am one of those people that has listened to literally thousands of hours of audio books. As anyone would agree, the reader and the presentation of a book will make it or break it, no matter how good the story is. The other thing that makes me crazy are books that have been abridged. I won’t touch them with a ten foot pole.

This audio rendition of “The Edge” is delightful from the first line of the introduction.

Peterson’s choice to use a reader with a British accent  and a rather deep gravely voice just makes the story a rich gem! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the complete simplicity. Hearing the British rendition of “Dang” makes me smile because that is just something that you hear in your mind with a Southern drawl.

I downloaded the book at http://iTunes.com yesterday. I listened to it today on a road trip, and I say again, that I am a happy camper. I am going to make sure that our public library gets copies of both of the books and the Audio version also.

Well done, AP and Oasis Audio, well done!

[Via http://thepuckerbrush.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment