Friday, October 23, 2009

Your Journey to Everlasting Joy...

Ask yourself honestly….. How many times have I said “thank you” with an ungrateful heart? My honest answer, too many times.

What do we teach our children, say “I’m sorry” to your sister/brother. Of course the child says nothing….. and so we say it again… I told you to apologize!

Relunctantly and with a rebellious heart they say, “I’m sorry.” The tone of voice overpowers the words spoken…… subtitles… I am only saying I am sorry because Mom told me to, I am not sorry and never will be!!!!

Do you teach them to say thanks in the same way…… What are you teaching….

British Pastor John Henry Jowett once said, “Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.”

True gratitude is not an elective. It is one way” God infuses joy and resilience into the daily struggles of life.” (pg 23)

I had a Pastor once who really disliked the song, I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me. His reason was that the song illustrates an outpouring of unfettered worship…when we get to heaven, yet we should be like that now on earth. I agree with his point that we should constantly be praising the Lord. But I still like the song.

So if we are to worship 24/7 how do we do this with an ungrateful heart?

Do we worship or whine?

Worship will lead us on a beautiful journey to everlasting joy….

Whining will lead us on a “destructive slide that ultimately leads to bitterness and broken relationships…..”

Which journey do you want to take?

Join us tommorow for more from Nancy Leigh DeMoss’ book:

Choosing Gratitude….

No comments:

Post a Comment