Monday, October 19, 2009

The Project- Day 4

Please read this post to get the background on The Project

See The Project for Day 1, Day 2, Day 3

Here’s what we ready today with the running total: (R = repeat)

19. Queen Esther Saves Her People by Rita Golden Gelman

A great re-telling of a familiar bible story, that adds additional (historical?) facts and insights. After the story, there is some additional information about the practices and traditions today surrounding this story and the corresponding celebration of Purim (A Jewish holiday).

I read this to Aaliyah, my (almost) 3 year old. She lost interest toward the end (of course pancakes were calling her name). I did skip some of the words and paraphrase to make it shorter for her. I think Kyah (7) would really like it, but she was sleeping at the time.

20. Music Is by Lloyd Moss

A fun, rhyming book talking about the benefit, fun and joy of music in our lives. Aaliyah was attentive and liked the word sounds while I read it to her.

21. The Berenstain Bears Go On Vacation by Stan and Jan Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears are always fun, I read them as a kid. Aaliyah enjoyed the story, and the fun rhymes and pictures (she laughed at Baby Bear pouring water on her head.) I enjoyed the story also, as it reminded me of visiting the sea. My husband read it to Kyah (7) and Parker (5) the other day, and they liked the book.

22. A South African Night by Rachel Isadora

Nice, colorful pictures with few words per page, it tells the story of what the wild animals are doing at night while the city of Johannesburg is sleeping. Aaliyah liked it and payed attention the entire time.

R. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, Illustrated by Roberto Innocenti

I began this book today (I know, I’m always starting new ones, I have a whole stack from the library

7. No Greater Love by Mother Teresa

An absolutely amazing women, I’ve wanted to read about her life and discover the inspiration behind her amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment