Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Favorite Everyday Life Guide Books

 These are some of my favorite life “how to” books – helpful guides to every day living!

  1. Martha Stewart’s Homekeeping Book: The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home by Martha Stewart - I LOVE this book. It came out before I was married, and even though I did not yet have a home to keep, Yuppie Husband bought it for me. It teaches you how to do everything! My favorite lesson: how to fold fitted sheets.
  2. Emily Post’s Etiquette by Peggy Post – I am a stickler for etiquette. I ♥ etiquette. Social etiquette has been seriously lacking, and I find it be so frustrating! I wish I could just pass this book out to everyone, but I know most people wouldn’t bother opening it.  Let’s bring proper etiquette back!
  3. The Wedding Book: The Big Book for Your Big Day by Mindy Weiss - This book is the go to book when it comes to planning a wedding.  It includes time lines, templates, etiquette, guidance, etc.  It’s written in a way that is easy to read and comprehend.  A must for brides, bridesmaids, mothers and planners!
  4. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman - The concept of love languages is something that is easy to understand and makes logical sense, but can be so hard to effect in a relationship!  Through my own experiences with Yuppie Husband and through listening to countless girlfriends’ gripes and complaints about their relationships, I have come to realize that at the heart of many issues troubling loving, committed couples the feeling of not being “loved” enough.  This book explores how people give and receive love in different languages, and the key is to identify and understand the languages of you and your partner.
  5. The Bible – The best of all.  Enough said. =)

What are some of your favorite guide books for living life?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment