Saturday, June 6, 2009

Charging for book reviews???!!!

Okay, please don’t run off, I’m not charging anyone for book reviews, I just thought this would be an interesting topic to bring up…

I’ve heard about people doing this before and my questions is… why?!

When a publishing company and/or author is willing to send you a book to review – which can range anywhere between $2.oo-$25.00 or maybe even more - why would you want to charge them for a book review when you’re already getting the book for free? Even if it’s an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) it still costs them money to print the book and ship the book to you.

Now I’m not here to trash talk any book reviewers who charge people for book reviews, that’s just not my thing. I just don’t understand why anyone would want to do this? I know some do it as a job, but I think that if the publishing company and/or author is willing to send you a book for free, you should at least do the book review for free.

Isn’t that the main reason why some people are book reviewers? To volunteer our time to get our opinions out about an authors’ book? I think so and it’s also because we love doing it, we love supporting authors and telling people about them and giving people recommendations. It’s just what we love doing.

So, tell me… what do you think about people charging publishing companies/authors for book reviews? What’s your opinion? I’d love to hear it whether you agree or disagree with me.

Hugs,

     Dani ~ aka The Romance Book Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment