Monday, December 28, 2009

Review: I AM A STAR, CHILD OF THE HOLOCAUST by Inge Auerbacher

Natasha from Maw Books Blog read and reviewed I Am a Star, Child of the Holocaust by Inge Auerbacher for the WWII reading challenge.  Here’s an excerpt:

Interspered between the text is a collection of poems written by Auerbacher.  Or I assume that they were written by Auerbacher – there was never really an acknowledgment or explanation of the poems – which is partly why I found the format of I Am a Star a bit disconcerting.  They seemed randomly placed throughout the book.   They did relate to the text though, so I am assuming they were written by Auerbacher.  It’s almost as though the book wanted to be a non-fiction narrative written in verse and also written formally.  I liked both, but maybe they needed to be placed into the book a bit better.

Read the full review here.

**Attention participants:  Remember to email us a link to your reviews, and we’ll post them here so we can see what everyone is reading!**

[Via http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment