Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Cookbooks

Yesterday at the book sale I bought two new cookbooks. They are not low carb cookbooks but they have a large number of recipes that I can make or alter to fit my Diabetic needs. I absolutely love trying new recipes. So far I have not put a recipe on my blog that I have not personally made and liked. I have tried many other recipes that were a disappointment and never made the blog.

One of my absolute favorite cookbooks is a grilling cookbook so when I found the Taste of Home Grilling Cookbook I had to get it. I am very excited to give the recipes a try. I am very blessed to have a husband and family members that don’t mind being my Guinea pig. My son has always been willing to try anything but my poor daughter-in-law is too polite to refuse but I can tell she is terrified at times. More times than not she has liked it. I always try it first.

This is the front of my new grilling book. Doesn’t that grilled onion look delicious?

The next cookbook is Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking. Now I won’t be able to get as many recipes from this book because it tends to focus more on low fat than low carb but I can still get several and alter many to get a usable recipe. This is the front of that cookbook.

Last year at another hospital book sale I found a Taste of Home Appetizer cookbook that I deeply love. Over the weekend I pulled it out and put post-it notes (gift from Donna- Aren’t I spoiled?) on the recipes that I wanted to try. I had more than 30 that could easily be low carb. Now I need to have a party to try these recipes out. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder who I could invite?

Can you tell that I am southern girl and love southern recipes? I never really thought of myself as southern but my son-in-law, the lovable geek Yankee keeps reminding me that I am.  He had better do some serious sucking up or when I see him next month I won’t be bringing him any cookies. He pretends that he is eating healthy but he has never seen a cookie that he didn’t like. It is our little secret but I have been collecting low carb cookie recipes and intend to trick him into eating them. bwahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment