Monday, November 23, 2009

This week I'm trekking up Everest with Bear!

I am continually reading. I love reading. Most of my reading pertains to the Bible or theology or spiritual formation. However, I always try to have at least one book that I am reading through that has nothing to do with any of that (a book for pure enjoyment or pleasure). I recently finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and I was planning to read his latest book, The Lost Symbol, but after I read reviews on it, I changed my mind. So last week I picked up The Kid Who Climbed Everest by Bear Grylls (the guy from the TV show Man VS. Wild). I really like watching Man VS. Wild. Bear was twenty-three years old when he summited Everest. He is the youngest Briton to scale Everest. He did it just two years after breaking his back because of his parachute failing to work properly. Crazy.

So this week of Thanksgiving while my kids are out of school I’m taking some vacation time, and I’m looking forward to trekking up Everest with Bear!

[Via http://grizzin.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment