Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week Two: Update

I have been slow, yet again, but I achieved a lot in terms of applications this week.

My essays for Moore USC are done - they just need to be reviewed by two people. I am, however, confident about them both. This was a task I had been avoiding for over a month and when I got to it, I completed it in a matter of a few hours.

I still have to get the references signed and sealed as well as my transcripts; something I hope to get done first thing next week.

As for my GMAT prep, I am disappointed by my tutor, he can teach the basics but he cannot help me with real GMAT questions involving permutaion, probabaility etc.

I must criticize the KAPLAN Math WB for not containing a few important chapters, questions of which come very often on the GMAT; the book has no mention of the basics of Coordinate Geometry, Probability, Permutation and the likes. I had to resort to GMAT For Dummies and I have to say, I found the explanations very good - maybe not complex enough, but good to get the gist of the basics so than when I move on to the OG, I can ‘catch on’.

So I spent a day on essays and two days on GMAT For Dummies, catching up on Math chapters not included in Kap Math WB. I have yet to do Word Problems and Data Sufficiency from KAPLAN - so I’m a little behind.

And for Verbal, I am finding KAP Verbal WB very good - but then I just started it and I am not in a place to critique it yet. I ought to go over the Manhattan pdf which I’m sorry to say I’m being lay about. Also, a good idea is Notes on Verbal - it will be vey helpful to have concise notes on Verbal topics I tend to mess up. I will do this.

I hadn’t taken the Powerprep test last week because it does not run on any 64-bit Vista laptop and that’s all I can get my hands on. I’m dusting off an old desktop to run the software on and hope to take the test in a day or two.

I have, in light of the above developments, made a few minor changes to my study program - I have editted the post containing the Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment