Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Reread Update

I was a bad girl this week and I did not read any of my Reread Challenge books. This week I will definitely, definitely, definitely start on the Harry Potter books.

However, I did get through a Georgia Nicolson book (And Then He Ate my Boy Entrancers) and the newest Pretty Little Liars book, Heartless.

As far as teen mystery/suspense/thrillers go, I think the Pretty Little Liars series definitely surpasses the Private series. For one, PLL is a tad more realistic than Private. The Privateverse involves ridiculously exclusive, out-of-control parties and characters receiving death threats/getting murdered on a daily basis. The PLL-verse is a place you can envision yourself more easily in. The girls are being stalked and recovering from the death of their best friend…while trying to keep their grades up in AP Econ.

So I really did enjoy Heartless and it warmed ze cockles of my heart that some of the sadder loose ends were tied up (before becoming unraveled again in the end…The Hastings ignoring Spencer just gets to me). I loved the twists and turns it took and I never felt like the characters’ perspectives were whiny or boring (unlike Reed Brennan). It ended on a cliffy of course–every single chapter ends on a cliffy–and I’m a tad confused, but that’s typical. And now I’m dying for the next one to come out.

[Via http://findingmaddieland.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment